Youth on the Move - InfoMobility (YoMIM)
InfoMobility means providing information, guidance and counselling before and during young people’s permanence in a foreign country. Practically, the Youth on the Move - InfoMobility (YoMIM) Guides complement the services offered by Youth Information Centres (YICs) by paying special regard to young people who take part in cross-border European mobility programmes. Through the guidance and information YoMIM Guides provide, young people can optimise their stay abroad. By getting engaged in the YoMIM service, YICs can also increase and maximise their impact on the target community.
Overall aims of the training course:
- To prepare YoMIM Guides with the skills, knowledge and practical information required to support them in their role of providing (quality) information to young people on the move.
- To ensure YoMIM Guides understand the values and attitudes needed to perform their role.
- To enhance the development and progression of the YoMIM network.
The overall aims of the training course are covered within 5 areas:
- Concept of YOMIM
- Orientation & Getting ready
- Welcome (Planning in Action)
- Return / What now?
- Next Steps